This new blog… something I have been thinking about starting for a while now and I can't tell you all how excited I am about this blog! Even though I am only 25 I started at a very young age with a love for design, fashion, cooking and even party throwing. I grew up with a mom who taught us what it meant to be a proper slash FUN hostess. She is a woman who pays incredible attention to detail and reflects good taste in everything from napkins to paint colors. Therefore, I contribute my love for the details in EVERYTHING to my wonderful mother.
My thoughts are consumed with the following things....
• BABIES: Obviously my 9 month old baby boy (Sawyer); I love researching great baby food ideas, products, activities, toys that are stimulating, etc... I want to be the best mother I can be to this sweet child that was given to me, therefore he ranks at the top of my list of passions!
• Parties: I absolutely LOVE to throw a good party! I will always offer up my house and lead the way in a baby shower, bridal shower or even birthday parties if it means that I get to share my ideas and see it come to life.
• Cooking: I also have a passion for cooking good food (sometimes healthy and sometimes Paula Deanish). My husband has a love for food that I don't think compares to anyone I know so I try recipes out on him and get his constructive criticism and then love to share the food with others.
• Decorating: I didn't know that I had a passion for designing/decorating until I got married 5 years ago. My husband gave me a budget to buy furniture because we were literally starting from scratch, I knew the minute I started looking at colors and furniture that it was something I LOVED. I am definitely not a professional but I do think that it is something that I am passionate about and I do believe that I have a natural eye for design because of my upbringing, so I hope to share some good ideas that bring unique details into a home.
• Fashion: Lastly Fashion.... Ha! Well unfortunately this has caused an overcrowded closet and a constant battle between my husband and me! I try to explain to my husband time and time again that even though my closet is full I just love fashion too much to not stay up to date with all the new trends. He just doesn't get it! Oh well, I'll just blog about my wish list and the new trend that I just can't live without.
Even though I am definitely not a professional in any of these areas, my goal is to bring you fresh ideas that will maybe bring warmth to your home, more details to your parties, a little extra flare to your outfit, and hopefully a little kick to your cooking. I also hope to keep those we know and love up to date about our little family here in Fayetteville, AR. Life is too fun right now with this growing baby not to share some glimpses into my own life. Very excited to get started and hoping that you all find something of interest from this blog! Hope you enjoy!
P.S. Don't criticize my grammar! I may have some strengths in my life but grammar is not one of them!!
P.S.S. Bare with me in my blog design. I'll be changing things and working on things probably for a while until I figure it all out and until I am satisfied with the functionality of the site.