For yummy Monday today I am doing two recipes. A meatloaf recipe that I have made over the last three years and its such a good comfort meal. I have tried other recipes and I love this one the most. It is one that I made up a few years ago and it is now a Henry fav!
For my second recipe I am doing a baby food recipe! Since Sawyer was about 7 months old and could start doing finger foods I found a recipe for a turkey loaf. I have changed it up since finding it and I have to say that it is definitely Sawyer's favorite meal. I make it once a month and try and have it on hand all month long because it is such a good all in one meal and Sawyer cleans his plate every time with this yummy meal!
- 1 package mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 onion sauteed
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the spinach in a large bowl. (As gross as it is I usually just mash it all up with my hands, its much easier!)
-FOR THE SPINACH: place half of the mixture in a loaf pan and place a thin layer of the thawed spinach on top. Place the rest of the meat mixture on top of the spinach.
- WITHOUT SPINACH: place the entire bowl of the meat mixture in a loaf pan pat down.
- I usually squirt ketchup in a swirly fashion on top of the loaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. When you take the loaf out drain the liquid before slicing and serving.
This recipe is yummy with a simple veggie and your favorite kind of potato! I do twice baked potato with this one alot or if I don't have much time I just bake some tater tots.
-1 whole egg or 2 egg yolks, beaten
-1/2 cup pureed carrots
-1/4 cup applesauce
-1/4 cup wheat rice cereal
-1/4 cup bread crumbs
-pinch of basil
-pinch of garlic powder