Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I thought it would be fun to show some fun inspiration in celebration of the occasion today. Enjoy these awesome ideas from some creative people. Make sure and scroll to the bottom for some awesome recipes!
Also, in honor of Cinco de Mayo and for not making my normal yummy monday post I thought I would share the all time best enchiladas and my favorite Margarita recipe! Be prepared to have these rock your socks off. This enchilada recipe comes from one of my best friends and it is by far the best enchiladas I have ever made or eaten.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 TB Butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 Green Bell pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, cored, seeded chopped
- 1, 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1, 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 cup purchased green chiles salsa (salsa verde)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
-4 ts ground cumin
- 12-15 7 in flour tortillas
- 10 oz mont. jack cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Garnish- avocado, tomato, cilantro
- Cook and shred chicken.
- In a medium skillet melt butter and cook onion and bell peppers until soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese, chicken, green chiles, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and season with Salt and Pepper. Mix Well
-Grease a pan and place 1 flour tortilla on flat surface and place about 1/2 of the chicken mixture along the edge. roll up from filling side and place seam side down in the greased pan.
- Sprinkle mont. jack cheese over enchiladas.
- Combine cream and chicken broth and pour over the enchiladas.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.
- 12 oz limade frozen concentrate
- 12 oz cordoniz Tequila
- 12 oz sprite
- 12 oz mexican beer (Corona is my fav)
Mix this all together in a pitcher and serve!