Hey folks! Happy Memorial Day! Hope everyone has the day off and hope you are getting to do something fun today.
Let's all take a moment to remember what this holiday really means. We want to give thanks to those who have given up their lives and continue to give their lives to serve our country. We thank you and want to honor you.
In honor of Memorial Day I hope that you all are going to eat good food today and celebrate with others. We did our little celebration last night with some friends and it was such a fun night. I thought for Yummy Monday I could share a full menu plan of a great and easy meal to cook tonight if you don't already have plans. This is a meal that Andrew and I eat all the time because it is healthy, easy and so yummy!
- 1 package chicken drumsticks ( Get enough for everyone to have at least 2)
- Lawrys seasoned salt
- Tony Chachere's original creole Seasoning
All you do is lightly smother the chicken with both of these seasonings on all sides. And then GRILL THEM UP!! Grilling them is the trick to why these babies are so good. I could eat these every night!
- Chop the cauliflower and broccoli into medium size chunks. Place both veggies on a cookie sheet and lightly coat with olive oil. I don't have an exact measurement I just do it until everything is coated evenly. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper generously.
- For the sweet potatoes peel the potatoes and chop into little bite size chunks. Place these on their own cookie sheet and smother with olive oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place both cookie sheets of veggies into the oven on 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Check in on them every few minutes and make sure they don't need to be stirred around on the cookie sheet. You want the veggies to look lightly browned.
- For the salad, layer everything in a large salad bowl
- For the Dressing add these ingredients into a container that you can shake it up. (Tupperware is good)
- Shake it and refrigerate until ready to serve ( You can make this a day ahead so it's one less thing you do the day you have company)
- Mix together the sugar, coco, butter in a mixing bowl
- then add Pet milk, eggs and vanilla to the top three ingredients and mix well
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then bring heat down to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool and top with whip cream and chocolate chips