So last night Sawyer was feeling better and I decided we all needed a wholesome comfort meal. I didn't want to get out and go to the grocery store b/c I am trying to keep him inside for a few days so I began to scope out what I had in our freezer, fridge and pantry. I knew I had some hamburger meat frozen so I started brainstorming on recipes I could use with hamburger meat. I didn't feel like spaghetti and didn't feel like a plain ole hamburger so I went with something very random and it ended up being so good! I had everything here for this meal so it worked out perfectly. I had seen a recipe similar to this on All Recipes but I revised what I had seen so that I didn't have to go to the grocery store. This is what I came up with...
Savory Meat Pie
- 2 unbaked pie crusts ( I used pillsbury already made pie dough)
- 1.5 pound hamburger meat
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups cheese ( I used cheddar cheese b/c it is what I had)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a pie dish with 1/2 of the pie dough.
- In a skillet brown and cook the onion and meat together. Once cooked drain grease and then add the soup, ranch, 2 cups of cheese (reserve about 1 cup of the cheese for the top of the pie), and salt and pepper. Mix well
- Add to the unbaked pie dough and spread out evenly.
- Place the other half of the pie dough on top of the meat mixture and seal the edges. Use foil pieces to cover the edges of the pie crust so it doesn't burn.
- Bake pie at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, take pie out and add remaining cheese on top of the pie.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
I served this with roasted sweet potatoes and salad and it turned out to be a hit with the Hubs.