Here is a little last minute Thanksgiving project you can pull out before the big day. This is a project you could do with the kiddos or if you are like me you just do it for yourself. ha!
These could be used as cupcake toppers or you could use it for any part of your Thanksgiving decor. They'd also make cute name cards for the kids table.
What you'll need:
-Brown scrapbook paper
- Two circle punches (I used 1 7/8 inch and a smaller 1 1/2 inch)
- 9 strips of red, yellow and orange ribbon cut roughly about 4 inches
- 1 small strip of yellow ribbon for beak
- two small buttons for eyes
- grapevine or rope for feet
- glue gun
- lollipop sticks or wooden skewers
1. punch out the two sizes of circles from the brown paper
2. put a small dot of hot glue at the end of one of the strips of ribbon and glue the two ends together making a loop
3. glue the looped ribbon to the edge of the Larger circle. Repeat process with remaining 8 pieces of ribbon, alternating colors.
4. fill the circle until 3/4 full
5. Hot glue the small circle to the edge of the lopped ribbons.
6. glue the buttons on for eyes and the remaining small yellow ribbon for the beak
7. hot glue the rope or grapevine pieces to the back of the turkey for legs.
8. Hot glue on your skewer or lollipop stick.