Did ya'll think I forgot about Yummy Mondays?? I know there has been a major lack of EVERYTHING on this blog and I apologize. The truth is, I have rarely tried new recipes while I have been living in this apartment. I mainly have been sticking to recipes that I already know and love.
BUT there have been a few that I whipped up that were definitely worth sharing.
I have been craving mexican food with this pregnancy. We either do tacos, go get mexican food or yes I have even given in to Taco Bell... (WHAT?!) at least once a week.
I found a recipe on PW that looked easy and looked yummy so I revised it and made up a little thing I like to call,
Baked Beef Burritos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 large can mexican tomato sauce or enchilada sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese
- Fresh Pico de Gallo (instead of taking the time to make it they sell fresh Pico de Gallo in the produce section)
- Fat free sour cream
- extra grated cheese for sprinkling
1. Brown ground beef and onion on stove. Drain grease and add taco seasoning and tomato sauce (reserving about 1/2 of sauce)
2. Melt cheddar jack cheese with refried beans stirring until melted in a saucepan.
3. layer a spoonful refried beans, with beef mixture and then add Pico de Gallo, sour cream and anything else you would enjoy in a burrito. (I add Jalepenos to mine!)
4. Roll up and place in a 9X13 pan, repeat until ingredients run out (this made about 10 burritos). Pour reserved tomato sauce over all of the burritos and then generously sprinkle remaining cheese over burritos.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Recipe inspired from Pioneer Woman